In accordance with the Maryland State Executive Order, the Piney Orchard Ice Arena is OPEN
In this phase we are still operating under a limited schedule.
Hockey players looking to return to the ice at Piney Orchard should look at the following programs;
Maryland Jr. Black Bears/ Nelson Hockey www.NelsonHockey.org
Maryland Black Bears www.marylandblackbears.com
Piney Orchard will now start offering Youth and Adult Stick & Pucks. Players must pre-register to reserve their spot.
Youth Stick & Puck Schedule/Registration
Adult Stick & Puck Schedule/Registration
Figure Skaters- We will offer Freestyle daily, skaters will have to register in advance.
Schedule and Registration available here
Piney Orchard Welcome Back Opening Procedures and Policies
Piney Orchard Ice Arena will open in phases and reintroduce programming as it is safe to do so. These guidelines will be updated as new information becomes available and the facility can safely operate in the changing environment. Please visit PineyIceRink.com website for updates to current policies.
- If a skater feels any symptom of illness, the flu or has a fever they should not come to the facility.
- No locker rooms or spectator area will be open.
- Snack Bar will not be open.
- Water fountain will not be open. Please bring water from home.
- No food can be brought into the facility.
- Public bathrooms will be open with limited facilities.
- No parent/guardian will not be allowed in the building. ONLY players and coaches and rink staff.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed throughout the facility.
- There will be no lost and found. Articles left in the facility will be disposed of.
- Inside the facility masks must always be worn by everyone except for the skaters on the ice.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS (and PARENTS FOR UNDER-18) MUST SIGN A WAIVER ONLINE WHEN THEY REGISTER.
- All coaches will have their temperature taken. If a coach shows a temperature over 100.4 degrees, they will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- All coaches must always wear a mask or gaiter on and off the ice.
- Coaches will be responsible for maintaining social distancing of 6 feet when players are on the ice and leaving the ice. Coaches will use electric whistles.
- When on the ice Coaches must wear gloves and helmet and face covering.
- There will be no locker rooms for coaches.
- Coaches must sign a waiver.
Session Day Procedure – Controlling the number of people in the building and on the ice surface and the movement of people within the facility is critical for compliance with Maryland Strong: Roadmap to recovery and CDC recommended guidelines. Social distancing will always be in place. Guidelines currently are as follows:
- No parents or spectators allowed in the building to limit capacity. Skaters should arrive fully dressed including skates. Skaters should hold their helmets in hand with mask or face covering on. Once temperature screened put their helmets on and masks can come off. No hockey bags or figure skating bags will be allowed in the rink.
- There will be minimal staging area to get dressed in the building for goaltenders
- Skaters will be dropped off at the front main entrance of the rink. This will be the only entrance to the facility. This entrance will be clearly marked.
- Rubber matting will be in place so player can walk from the designated drop-off spot right to the front door without the need for skate guards.
- There will be No admittance via any other doors to the facility.
- Door will be opened 15 minutes prior to the start of your session. Do not loiter outside door.
- Skaters should wait until rink staff opens door then proceed inside practicing social distancing as they head for the door and wait to be admitted. All skaters will follow directions and signage to front desk for temperature screening. Any skaters with a temperature over 100.4 degrees, will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- If a skater is not on the pre-registered list for that session, they will be turned away. There will be no method to pay at the rink.
- As skaters enter, they will be positioned with proper separation between them. There will be markings on the floor where the players should stand. While in line players must remain fully dressed including gloves and masks/gaiters.
- Parents should remain in the parking lot for 10 minutes after the schedule start time of the session to make sure the player is good to go.
- When a skaters session has ended, the coach will send one player at a time to the rink door. All other players on the ice will remain maintaining social distancing and in full gear until called by the on-ice coach to vacate the rink area.
- Skaters must immediately exit the building via the side doors on Rink 2 by Locker Room 7.
- Skater should not take off any equipment including gloves and helmets until they are well outside the facility door.
- Once outside skater should proceed immediately to their car to take off their skates, gloves, and helmets. No loitering outside the facility door or in the parking lot.
- No parent will be allowed to enter the facility at the rink 2 door to get their skater. Parents should stay in their car and bring their car around the building and wait in the parking lot.
- On-ice capacity limits will be determined by Anne Arundel County guidelines.
- No sharing waters.
- Once on the ice players cannot remove any equipment.
- Players remember:
- No spitting.
- No handshakes.
- No high fives.
- No hugs.
- No horseplay or refusal to follow the rules.
- Players violating these rules will be removed from the facility.
- Registration for all on-ice sessions will be done on-line via the rink website or a third-party website.
- No registering or payment at rink.
- No refunds once registered within 24 hours of the session for any reason.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- The facility will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- All high touch areas and bathrooms will be disinfected every session.
- Adequate amounts of soap and hand sanitizer will be available for customers and employees.
- Employees will be instructed to stay home if not feeling well.
- All employees will wear proper PPE.
- Employees will receive COVID awareness training to protect themselves and our customers.
- Temperature readings will be taken daily of all employees.
- Employees will regularly wash their hands or use the hand sanitizers.